Inter-group Race Regulations
INTER-GROUP RULES OF THE 40th ESCALADE RACE
INTER-CLUB, INTER-SCHOOL, INTER-COMPANY AND OTHER CLASSIFICATION
1. Is considered a sports club within the meaning of this regulation, any set of runners, minimum 10, belonging to a club, school or business or other classification.
2. The current competitors in the categories listed below are taken into account when establishing the classification of different categories:
- Inter-club: Able to participate in this classification are all members, licensed or not, who are committed to a club as defined in its own statutes. All categories are permitted, including Escaladélite.
- Inter-Company: Able to participate in this classification are all persons, apprentices, employees or executive employees of the same company. Spouses and children are excluded. The categories from Juniors to VI Men / Women VI Escaladélite are permitted.
- Inter-School: Able participate in this ranking are all students and / or teachers of the same school. The categories ranging from Poussin (s) B, runners in Women I and Men I categories, Escaladélite, who are not older than 23 years in the year of the race, are permitted.
- Other classification: Everyone can constitute a grouping of a minimum of 10 people, answering none of the 3 aforesaid classificatiosn and without any legal shape. It is obvious that for reasons of sports equity, no ranking is established for this type of grouping.
The composition of the group can be mixed and contain competitors belonging to different age groups, within the limits indicated above.
3. It is not possible for the groups to benefit from discount for a combined registration "Duc+course of Saturday", or for a registration "family".
4. For all runners who are part of a group (Inter-Club, Inter-Company OR Inter-School), we will calculate performance on the category in which each competitor belongs (except Escaladélite and mixed races - see below). This performance will be expressed by the quotient of the rank obtained with respect to the total number of runners in this class. If such a runner finishes 45th in its class, where the total number of runners placed amounts to 900, their performance will be: 45/900 or 0.0500.
5. To avoid penalizing Escaladélite runners, the race time achieved in this race will be used to recalculate a theoretical ranking in their age category. This theoretical position would be taken into account in establishing the Inter-Group ranking.
As Escaladélite women complete 3 laps, to calculate the time taken for the Inter-Group ranking, we use an algorithm to determine the proportionate time relative to the distance run, minus a discount of 5%.
Example: 35 minutes / 7323 * 4832-5% = 21 min 56 s.
6. Participants of the mixed popular races can participate in the Inter-Group ranking, provided that women completed two laps and men completed three laps. In this case, in order not to favour the runners of these races, the time achieved in this race will be used to recalculate a theoretical ranking in the age category. This theoretical position would be taken into account in establishing the Inter-Group ranking.
7. For clubs, schools and companies, the sum of the ten best individual performances will be taken as the fastest time. Winners will each receive a special prize of CHF 500 .--. The second best ranked of the three Inter-Group rankings will receive a special price of CHF 200 .-- and the third best CHF 100 .--.
8. It is only possible to participate in one Inter-Group classification. However, it is possible to simultaneously participate in Family classification and one of the Inter-Group categories.
The notion of relative performance measures, on a scale from zero to one, the level at which the runner ranks in his class. To determine the ranking of each group, the sum of the ten best runners will be calculated relative to their performance within each group.
Persons not fulfilling the conditions of participation in the ranking as defined under 2. can easily be included in a collective registration list (e.g. a child in the list of a company or an adult in the list of a school). Their registration will be duly noted but their performance will not be considered in the calculation of the relative performance of the group.